Over time electrical installations deteriorate from age and use, these should therefore be inspected and tested at regular intervals to check whether they are in a satisfactory condition for continued use.
Such safety checks are commonly referred to as ‘periodic inspection and testing’.
An electrical inspection and test will:
- Reveal any electrical circuits that have been overloaded.
- Discover any potential electric shock or fire hazards.
- Identify any defective electrical work or work not complying with past or current regulations
- Check for any lack of earthing or bonding.
How often is a periodic inspection required?
Electrical installations should be inspected and tested every:
- 10 years for a domestic home or change of occupancy.
- 5 years for a rented accommodation.
- 3 years for a caravan
- 1 year for a swimming pool.
What will I get with an electrical condition report?
- At the end of the inspection and test you will receive a digitally printed report
- This report will highlight any defects or omissions from the current regulations
- The report will list recommendations on any observations found during the test
- A reminder when your nest report is due
How much will it cost
- prices start from as little as £75+VAT
- Prices vary with the size of the installation and how many circuits need testing
- Contact us for a no obligation quotation